That's mission accomplished!
We are incredibly proud of this achievement. The Syrian refugees we have supported here have (for the past 5 years) received minimal assistance from the Federal Government or from the United Nations.
These people are living on scraps in mosquito infested, sewerage ridden bogs. The smell is unimaginable and little wonder the children are suffering from diseases such as Cholera, Dysentery, Malaria etc. All these ills can be treated and indeed prevented with clean water, proper sanitation and food aid.
The local Turkish Baladiya or 'Council' has given assistance, such as laying gravel along walking paths in an attempt to prevent muddy bogs.
Some highlights from our May 2017 Turkey Mission include:
1. The distribution of 1000 very generous Feed the Needy packs to refugees across 5 non-Government serviced camps in Adana; and
2. The installation of 10 purpose built tents.
Each $35 pack contained:
1. 2 kg beans
2. 2 kg lentils
3. 2 kg rice
4. 2 kg sugar
5. 2 kg flour
6. 2 kg bulgur
7. 2 kg bulgur Adana style
8. 2 kg table salt
9. 2 pasta
10. 2 noodle
11. 2 litres of oil
12. 1 kg calamatta olives
13. 1 bottle of shampoo
14. 1 pack of soap
15. 1 pack of helvah
16. 1 pack of diapers (24 piece)
17. 1 package sanitary napkin
18. 1 slab of water (24 pack)
To give you some perspective, that's:
1. 37 tonnes of food
2. 7,000 refugees fed for a month
3. 24,000 bottles of water
4. 10 volunteers working around the clock for 2 weeks to pack the boxes and to distribute
5. 6 semi-trailers booked
6. 1 month of logistic preparation
WATCH THIS SPACE FOR FURTHER UPDATES AND IMAGES
#ausrelief #100%taxdeductible #0%adminfee #100%donationpolicy #feedtheneedy #refugeesupport #savethechildren #cherishachild #ramadan #zakat #cleanwater #healthesick #freemedicalcare #educatethepoor #fightpoverty #bethechange #weareallequal #spreadlove #humanity #fairgomate
Footage owned by AusRelief Limited. All rights are reserved